Unibrake is the only system on the market, to provide a control unit in the driver’s cab of the Motorhome, giving the driver full control over the braking effort, intensity and adjustment for optimum performance of the combined outfit.
- The motorhome towing control unit adjusts the braking effort and intensity in the towed vehicle. A band of LED lights illuminate in proportion to the degree of braking intensity in the towed vehicle. A control dial provides settings in increments of 1 to 9. The appropriate setting is set by the driver for normal driving conditions on a trial and adjust basis. Actual controller size 2.5 by 2.5 inches.
- Settings on the dial will vary for different outfits, which will have individual Motorhome/car weight ratios.
- The controller incorporates a solid state gyroscopic sensor, which constantly monitors the towed vehicle’s proportional braking function.
- In the event of emergency braking, the sensor instantly overrides the normal setting on the control dial, and increases the braking intensity in the towed vehicle, resulting emergency brakes to be applied.
- An audible alarm will sound on the control unit if the brake system in the towed vehicle fails to operate (i.e. if the vehicle detaches or the electrical connection is severed).
- Through a plunge down lever provided on the side of the controller, the driver can effect manual braking in the towed vehicle in an emergency.
- If you have any questions regarding a motorhome towing control unit, then please do not hesitate to contact us, we will be more than happy to answer any questions which you may have.